StarLux™ Pulsed Light Therapy utilizes an advanced "intense pulsed light" (IPL) to target and eradicate vascular and pigmented lesions, including facial telangiectasias or "broken capillaries" from conditions like Rosacea, sunspots, sun damage, and "cherry angiomas." It's an effective solution for issues like poikiloderma and, when combined with other treatments, can diminish Melasma's dark pigmentation.
The StarLux™ IPL offers a non-invasive, non-abrasive "photo-facial" that rejuvenates the skin. It significantly enhances sun-damaged skin, boosting the overall look of the face, hands, and body. Moreover, it's an option for hair removal on extensive body regions and can minimize the visibility of pink acne scars.
- IPL uses specialized hand-pieces to filter light from various parts of the light spectrum.
- Each spectrum band has a specific wavelength optimal for treatments like sunspot removal and vessel clearance.
- The emitted light is absorbed by sunspot pigments and visible vessel blood, reducing their appearance.
- Your skin will be cleansed first.
- Cold tracking gel is applied to your skin.
- Both the patient and provider will wear eye protection.
- The IPL hand-piece will glide over your skin, emitting multiple light pulses.
- During pulses, expect: a flashing light, audible tone, and a mild skin sensation.
- A cooling hand-piece ensures skin remains at a low temperature, reducing discomfort.
- Some describe the feeling as warm and occasionally "prickly."
- Typically ranges from 20-30 minutes, though individual treatment times may vary.
- Skin may feel akin to a mild sunburn immediately post-treatment.
- Minor swelling is possible, usually lasting between 2-24 hours.
- Cold ice packs can reduce these symptoms.
- Sunspots may darken post-treatment but will shed naturally in 1-2 weeks.
- Treated redness will decrease, with skin appearing more normal in a few weeks.
- Sun exposure should be avoided 4-6 weeks pre and post-treatment.
- Active tanners or those with sunburns must reschedule their session.
- Artificially tanned individuals cannot undergo the treatment.
- Use broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) post-treatment.
- Adhere to provided post-treatment guidelines.
- Typically, 3-6 sessions are recommended.
- Sessions are generally spaced 4-6 weeks apart.
Book a complimentary consultation with us to discuss your aesthetic goals and explore suitable treatment options.